Charlottenborg pendant lamp by Ebbe Christensen & Sophus Frandsen and Poul Henningsen for Louis Poulsen
Poul Henningsen created the three-shade system back in 1925-1926 in collaboration with Louis Poulsen. In 1931 the four-shade system was launched to create lamps that could be mounted high up and act as alternatives to the often-used chandeliers. This was taken from the Louis Poulsen standard assortment in the 1940s, but was redesigned in 1979 by two Danish architects – Sophus Frandsen and Ebbe Christensen – for the exhibition building Charlottenborg in Copenhagen, just in a bigger size: the PH 6 ½/6.
Designer: Poul Henningsen, Sophus Frandsen and Ebbe Christensen Maker: Louis Poulsen, Denmark
Year: 1979 Conditi0n: Excellent Size: 65 cm (width), 50 cm (height)